SIMPLE SAMMO SCHOOL RULES
- Students are to wear the school uniform during school/class hours
- Students may wear their various house jerseys when they are back in the dormitories after school
- Girls are to wear their appropriate “check” and Boys are to be in their Khaki trousers and white shirts when coming to the academic area after school hours.
- Students are to look neat and groomed at all times.
- Going to the dining hall during meals is compulsory for all Boarding students.
- Eating in the dining hall during meal times is also compulsory
- Prepared food from home is allowed only on visiting days and must be delivered by parents or guardians known by school authorities.
- Food must not be sent to students through any means (e.g. S.T.C., E.M.S., People unknown by school authorities)
- Students are visited only on 1st and 3rd Saturdays of every month.
- Visitors are to be received at the specified areas in the school-ie The Visitors’ Pavilion
- Students are not to sit in cars to entertain visitors.
- Visitors from other High Schools must be in their prescribed uniforms and their school ties.
- Under no circumstance should visitors be allowed into the hostel/dormitories.
- Every student is expected to take part in the cleaning of the school supervised by prefects.
POCKET MONEY & SPENDING
- The school does not believe in extravagance. Students are not to be given huge sums of money at any given time as pocket money.
- Students must be content with what they have.
- Stealing attracts severe sanctions.
- Students can use the pay phone in the school over the weekends. Emergency calls are handled in the Headmaster or various housemasters’ offices.
- Mobile phones are strictly prohibited
- Parcels (other than food) can be sent to students. They are received at the school’s gate and properly documented and distributed to students at a given time after school.
- On re-opening days students are to report before 5 p.m.
- Once the student enters the school, official permission must be sought if s/he wants to go out of the school.
- Failure to report back to school on re-opening days attract serious punishment.
- Students are given exeats by their respective housemasters when it is extremely necessary.
- The maximum number of exeats each student is permitted to take within an academic term is three (3).
- School functions and gatherings are compulsory for all students. And students must be properly dressed and report on time for school functions.
SCHOOL DAYS’ ROUTINE
- Grounds work
- Silent hour
- Morning Assembly (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
- Rest Hour / Siesta
- Extra-curricular activities
- Evening Studies
- Lights Out
NB: Students are encouraged to read the SAMMO STUDENTS’ HANDBOOK for other equally important school rules and regulations